76/77 Model Codes
76/77 i/s Model Codes
9577 Multimedia Model Features
9577S Multimedia Model Features
SCSI Controller Sets HD as 6,1 Instead of 6,0
9576 and 9577 Model Codes
Dxx Choice of OS
Kxx OS/2 2.1
Qxx DOS/Windows 3.1
1xx MM (Ultimedia)
xNx DX2-66 (5 V)
xUx SX-33 (5 V)
xxA 212MB SCSI
xx6 104MB SCSI
xxF 400MB SCSI
9577 Ultimedia Model Features
SCSI CD-ROM, M-Audio adapter/A, front mounted headphone &
microphone jacks, a microphone, and volume control. PS/2 Ultimedia M77
usability features include the additional preinstallation of three independent
operating environments -- OS/2 2.00.1 with MMPM/2, DOS 5.0 with ISO support,
and Windows 3.1.
9576 and 9577 i/s Model Codes
Axx Lacuna, On-board IDE, built-in S3 video
Bxx Lacuna, Fast SCSI-2, built-in S3 video
Vxx Lacuna, SCSI FW, built-in S3 video, 16MB ECC
6xx MM w/DOS 6.3, Win 3.11
7xx MM w/OS/2 2.11
xNx DX2-66 (5 V), 128KB L2, 8MB Parity
xTx DX4-100 (3.45 V, VRM), 256KB L2, 8MB Parity
xUx SX-33 (5 V), 0KB L2, 8MB Parity
xxA 212MB SCSI
xxB 270MB SCSI,270MB IDE
xxG 540MB SCSI,527MB IDE
xx9 170MB IDE
Multimedia Model Features
Models: 9577-6NB, 6NG, 6TG, 7NB, 7NG, and 7TG
All the multimedia models include the following features:
- Audiovation (TM) adapter
- MediaBurst Movie adapter
- Double-speed, multi-session CD-ROM drive
- Front-mounted headphone and microphone jacks
- IBM PS/2 8514 Display Adapter/A (#4054, 1887972)
- IBM PS/2 Micro Channel SCSI Adapter (#1005, 6451109)
- IBM PS/2 Micro Channel SCSI Adapter with Cache (#1018, 6451110)
- IBM Mwave WindSurfer-MCA Communication Adapter/A (#7058, 82G7058)
The IBM 1GB AT Hard Disk Drive (#2543, 70G8512) is supported
with the following limitation: If you experience problems configuring this
drive as the "master" with any other fixed disk drive in your system,
reconfigure this drive as the "slave" drive.
Secured removable media via 2.88MB Electronic Eject Diskette Drive (optional).
PS/2 - 76/77 S Model Configures SCSI HD As 6,1
The 9576 or 9577 system configures the
harddisk with a SCSI ID of 6,1 instead of 6,0. A POST
error of 1047000 107 may also occur.
Problem Isolation Aids:
- This tip applies only if the 9576 or 9577 is a Model xUx, xNx,or xTx.
- This tip applies only if the unit is a 9576s, or 9577s.
- The problem is caused by a failing SCSI adapter. The SCSI adapter, FRU P/N
71G3576, should be replaced.
- If the symptom remains, utilize normal problem determination procedures to
isolate the failing FRU or application.