|How to use the IBM TOUCHSELECT Win 3.1 drivers for Win95
November 30, 1995
Below are 7 steps that get the Windows 3.1 TouchSelect drivers to work for Windows 95. This was only tested on a 7585-001 but similar steps are applicable to the other Industrial Computer Products. The TouchSelect Installation and Operations Guide (S84F-7135-01) for detailed instructions on installing DOS & 3.1 drivers.
1. Install Windows 95 using a standard PS/2 style mouse.
2. Install the DOS touchscreen drivers.
Run A:INSTALL from the TouchSelect Option & Util diskette.
Run A:TOUCON (touch config) from the same diskette.
3. Install the Windows 3.1 drivers.
Run A:WININST from the TouchSelect Option & Util diskette.
Backup C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MOUSE.DRV to MOUSE.BAK
Copy A:\WINDOWS3\IBMTOU.DRV to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MOUSE.DRV
Note that you have renamed IBMTOU.DRV to MOUSE.DRV
Copy A:\WINDOWS3\IBMTOU.386 to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IBMTOU.386
4. Ensure that C:\TOUCH exists, and contains the following files:
CALIBRAT EXE 111,706 10-14-92
CALIBRAT TXT 3,101 10-14-92
TOUCH SYS 18,728 06-12-95
MOUSE COM 13,026 08-03-89
DEVUTIL EXE 51,787 10-14-92
DEVUTIL HLP 33,667 10-14-92
DEVUTIL TXT 7,578 10-14-92
WINTOUCH COM 1,495 10-14-92
CALIBRAT DAT 81 (today)
5. Ensure that your CONFIG.SYS contains the following:
DEVICE=C:\TOUCH\TOUCH.SYS /E:ON,A /F:1,0
6. Ensure that your AUTOEXEC.BAT contains the following:
C:\TOUCH\CALIBRAT -C C:\TOUCH\CALIBRAT.DAT
7. Ensure that your SYSTEM.INI contains the following: