This website is based on a content from the original Ardent Tool created by
Louis Ohland (more info HERE). In addition, it
includes material from many other PS/2 and MCA-oriented websites. Namely:
- MCA Mafia pages by Peter H. Wendt (original)
- Pages, photos, ROM images, and other material by David L. Beem
(original: adapters & planars, ROM images, SCSI level, routines)
- Pages, outlines, scans, and other material by William R. Walsh
(original: "Computer Collection", Model 25 & EduQuest, MCA Stuff)
- Personal System/55 by Tatsuo Sunagawa (Sandy) (mirror, updated JP version)
- Multistation 5550 by Mr.Tahara (mirror)
- Extreme Computing with Microchannel pages by Tam Thi Pham (MAD Max) (original)
- PS/2 MCA Driver pages by Unal Z (mirror)
- Disk Collection by Daniel Hamilton (mirror)
- Tavi PS/2 Pages by Bob Eager (original)
- P70 and some other pages by Jim Shorney (archived original)
- PS/2 8580 Information Collection by Fred Spencer (archived original)
- Model 80 Floppy and PSU repair info by Al Savage (archived original)
- Alfred Arnold's pages - Linux drivers for MCA NICs, NIC bench., Lacuna VRM, Ismca utility
Credit for the original content goes to the respective authors listed above.
Thank you guys!
Aside from these major contributions, many other pages and resources were
also merged with the Ardent Tool. The name of the original author(s) should
always be attached either directly to the 3rd party content itself, to the
link(s) pointing to it, and/or to the relevant
If you are one of the original authors but can't find your name anywhere,
want to request some edits or content removal, please don't hesitate to contact
All direct email links previously present on these pages were either removed
or replaced by an email form to avoid spam and email address harvesting. If you
want to contact one of the original authors, please use the link that leads to
their website and look for contact information there, or contact us and we will
point you in the right direction (if possible).
The website also contains various documents - such as technical references,
brochures, patents, articles from various computer magazines, etc. Authors of
these materials are either named explicitly on the page from where they can be
accessed and/or are named directly in the material itself.
The website also features a large amount of original content created by
the maintainer - Tomáš Slavotínek. This includes technical explanations,
tutorials, various text notes, board outlines ("TS" signature), schematics and
other illustrations, pinouts, reverse-engineering and measurement results,
hardware modification guides, and more.
Many of the pre-existing pages from Louis Ohland and other authors were
modified, moved, merged, or separated. Page changes range from simple typo
corrections to complete overhauls. Some of the illustrations, tables, and
other content were redone entirely. The main index and most sub-index pages
were redesigned from a scratch to make navigation easier.
Despite all these changes we try to keep all existing external links alive
by adding redirects and/or rewrite rules where needed. This includes links
pointed to the original location of the Ardent Tool on
Kevin Bowling's server and a few
abandoned mirror locations.